Even though the Fall 2013 fashion shows were months ago, the weather is getting chillier and it’s time to start implementing those styles present on the runway into you’re own fashion wardrobe.
Luckily, many trends from last season are still hot now, so there’s no reason for a complete wardrobe makeover. But stay tuned for 12 items you should add to your closet for this fall.
- Emerald Green – Pantone’s top color for 2013. In other words, you will be seeing this color often. Try mixing it with other jewel tones.
- Leather – Keep your leather jacket as a staple, but try adding some other leather pieces to your wardrobe such as a skirt, dress, or pants.
- Outerwear – When the colder months come along often times our outfits are hidden under big coats and jackets, so why not make them stand out?
- Layering – When layering, mix different textures to avoid looking bulky, like a sheer top with leather pants. However, be wary of mixing too many patterns and colors.
- Winter White – I have always been a supporter of white after Labor Day. White or cream corduroys with a chambray shirt and boots is a look I always default to during fall/winter.
- Leopard Print – Play with different colors this season. The browns and blacks are always a given, so try bright pinks or reds, but be careful not to over do it.
- Neon Accents – The Blonde Salad has a great example of how to incorporate neon: black sweater, black tights, black booties, and a bright neon poofy skirt.
- Embellished Belt – This statement piece can enhance anything you get your hands on!
- Pendant Necklace – This is one of my favorite trends right now. If you already have an outfit you love, the long pendant will be the perfect (subtle) touch.
- Military Inspired – Khaki green is quickly becoming a must-have. Think about adding lace accents to bring out the feminine side in you, too.
- Colorful Socks – This is a fun way to update your footwear and experiment with different colors and styles.
- Black Bootie – The “little black dress” of footwear. This item can go with any outfit, any occasion, any time.
For More Information:
http://www.glamour.com/fashion/2013/02/the-dos-and-donts-of-fall-2013-fashion-trends#slide=1 (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10)