Sometimes I need a quick easy style to get all of my hair out of the way. I really like this bun because it still looks great even if it’s a little messy. It also holds all day. The picture below was taken at the end of a rainy day.
To do this you’ll need
- a brush
- two hair ties
- bobby pins
1. To make this bun, start with dirty hair. This is my hair on the third day of not washing it. If you haven’t noticed, I’m a fan of hairstyles that don’t require me to wash my hair.
2. Pull all of your hair up into a pony tail where you want the center of the bun to be.
3. Separate the pony tail into two pieces. Take each of these pieces and twist them in the opposite direction of each other.
4. Now take these twisted pieces and separate those into two new pieces. The new pieces you make should each contain half of the old twisted pieces. Twist these new pieces in the opposite direction of each other.
5. Continue twisting like this, making sure to twist in the opposite direction. Once you reach the end of your hair, secure it with a hair tie. Your hair should look like a messy twisted braid.
6. Curve this around your first pony tail and fasten with bobby pins. Shake your head a few times to make sure everything is secure.
Here is a link to a more detailed explanation of the twist braid from Twist Me Pretty